Job#160710FS Head Saw Filer – Lumber – California
Location: United States
Wage: $60-$100k/year depending on experience
Education Required: High School Diploma/GED or higher.
Years Experience Required: • A minimum of 5 years of sawmill filing room supervisory experience.
The Head Saw Filer will be responsible for supervising and directing all saw filing operations and employees at the sawmill. The Filing Room Supervisor will oversee day-to-day saw filing activities and will organize, plan and monitor all saw filing department work processes involved with fitting, benching, repairing and completing saw changes for both round saws and band saws. The Filing Room Supervisor must be knowledgeable in all aspects of saw maintenance for both stellite and carbide saws and must be familiar with machine center alignment for both band saws and round saws. The Filing Room Supervisor will also be responsible for writing work orders, PMs on equipment, inspecting equipment for signs of wear, damage or unsafe conditions and identifying quality and efficiency problems. This position will also support and lead special projects as needed. This is a northern California location.
Qualifications and Duties:
- High School Diploma/GED or higher.
- A minimum of 5 years of sawmill filing room supervisory experience.
- Must be able to supervise and perform all foundational saw filing room duties and responsibilities and provide direction to others based on experience or expert knowledge.
- Must have strong understanding of machines and saws in sawmills and production flow.
- Must have working ability and knowledge of both stellite and carbide saws, benching both round and band saws; and the understanding of quality control and alignment procedures.
- Must possess knowledge of how the saw machine centers impact and interface with the entire process, how parts interact with each other in the machine centers, and of the saw equipment specifications.
- Must work safely and have the ability to promote a safety conscience work environment.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills along with basic computer skills.
- Must have respectful communication skills.
- Must have the strong ability to team with others in implementing process changes in a rapid changing work environment to ensure maximum-quality lumber production.
- Must be able to work long hours sitting or standing and routinely must be able to lift and carry 30lbs and occasionally lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to conduct department safety meetings as required.
- Must possess the ability to effectively train and evaluate personnel.
Decision-Making Authority / Accountability Level:
- Regularly makes independent decisions, directs employees, and takes actions of a complex nature.
- Work parameters are determined by objectives established by company Sawmill Management.
- Decision-making errors would result in extensive expense.
If you are interested in this job and have the required skills, please submit your resume in MS Word to info@TopWoodJobs.com
You will not hold us responsible for our contacting and relaying reference checks to our clients. Supply a cover letter in reference to the job(s) you are applying for. Only candidates that meet the job qualifications will be contacted, but we will hold on to your resume if submitted for future possible jobs.
Job through www.TopWoodJobs.com