Job#17031LT – Quality Control Technician – Wood Panels – California
Location: United States
Wage: $55-70k/year depending on experience
Education Required: A BA/BS degree in business administration, production management or related field preferred, but not required
Years Experience Required: Two years of supervisory experience prefered but not required, preferably in wood products or other manufacturing environment Prefer wood panel manufacturing experience.
The purpose of this position is to prepare to assume the full responsibilities of a shift supervisor and to learn the duties of a quality control lab technician for this California plant. The person chosen for this position will be responsible for learning all aspects of a front line shift supervisor and lab technician. This position provides coverage for Shift Supervisors and supervises special project crews. Progression to a full time Supervisor position as a Supervisor position becomes available.
• Conducts wood panel testing, research of property retention, thickness control, emissions and equipment calibrations.
• Works in conjunction with all supervisory personnel to learn all aspects of wood panel manufacturing process.
• Supervises production crews as assigned.
• Covers supervisor vacations and vacancies as necessary, and completes special projects as assigned.
• Maintains quality control standards to maximize company profitability.
• Ensures company safety program and safety standards are being followed.
• Responsible for ensuring all company policies and procedures are being enforced consistently; ensures accurate interpretation and application of the labor agreement.
• Two years supervisory experience in wood products preferred, but not required.
• A BS Degree in Wood Sciences or related field is preferred, but not required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Leadership and motivational skills that allow candidates to achieve productivity, quality and safety goals.
• Basic computer skills in Word, Excel and Access.
If you are interested in this job and have the required skills, please submit your resume in MS Word along with the job name in the Subject line to info@TopWoodJobs.com
You will not hold us responsible for our contacting and relaying reference checks to our clients. Supply a cover letter in reference to the job(s) you are applying for. Only candidates that meet the job qualifications will be contacted, but we will hold on to your resume if submitted for future possible jobs.
Job through www.TopWoodJobs.com