Job#170504ES – Electrical Superintendent – Plywood - Mississippi
Location: United States
Wage: $80K+/year depending on experience
Education Required: BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical preferred
Years Experience Required: Minimum of five years of electrical maintenance experience in a manufacturing/industrial or similar setting, which included experience in industrial power systems and electronic controls. Prefer plywood industrial experience.
Apply: If you are interested in this job and have the required skills, please submit your resume in MS Word
Provide leadership to diagnose equipment failures and repair problems as they arise from the Mississippi plant location. Assist as required in the supervision and development of electrical staff including PLC Programmers, E & I Technicians. Assist with the planning and scheduling of all activities in the electrical department regarding preventive and predictive electrical maintenance, installations and modifications. To ensure all electrical equipment is maintained in safe, efficient operating condition.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Key Responsibilities (Relative time devoted to responsibility in parentheses):
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the facility electrical plan, including anticipated maintenance, inspection, replacement, or upgrade of equipment. Works closely with Maintenance Manager and supervisory staff to coordinate scheduled maintenance work; plan for capital projects, and to respond to unplanned shutdowns. (40%)
- Provide guidance to meet preventative/predictive/responsive electrical maintenance needs of the facility including hydraulics, electrical, pneumatics and power distribution, motor control, variable speed drives (AC & DC). (20%)
- Assist in the selection and provide training for skilled electricians and technicians. Provides supervision and guidance to electrical staff when required, acts a subject matter expert for maintenance supervisors and maintenance manger. Provide ongoing training and coaching for the continued development of self and staff to ensure personal and professional growth. (20%)
- Design and develop new installations of a small to medium scope including: power, motor control, controls, instrumentation and PLC programming to operate or improve plant equipment including PLCs and HMI software. (10%)
- Emphasize safety in work methods and working conditions for both electrical maintenance staff and plant employees. Establishes and enforces safety procedures and requirements. Provides regular training in safe use of new tools and equipment. (10%)
Scope: Position maintains technical responsibility for the production facility. Supports mill with staff of up to 300 employees.
Direct Reports: Typically supervises one or more Lead Workers and several skilled electricians or technicians.
Peer(s) to this position includes section supervisors within the mill and other supervisory employees in maintenance.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five years of electrical maintenance experience in a manufacturing/industrial or similar setting, which included experience in industrial power systems and electronic controls.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PLC's (preferably Allen-Bradley), writing and troubleshooting of control logic, HMI systems, data networking, motion control systems and instrumentation equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial electrical equipment, operations and predictive/preventative maintenance systems.
- Knowledge of safety, health, and environmental rules, laws, and requirements.
- Demonstrated oral, written communication and math skills.
If you are interested in this job and have the required skills, please submit your resume in MS Word to info@TopWoodJobs.com
You will not hold Top Wood Jobs responsible for our contacting and relaying reference checks to our clients. Supply a cover letter in reference to the job(s) you are applying for. Only candidates that meet the job qualifications will be contacted, but we will hold on to your resume if submitted for future possible jobs.
Job through www.TopWoodJobs.com