Job#180131PS Sawmill Production Supervisor - Pennsylvania
Location: United States
Wage: $75-$85k/year depending on experience.
Education Required: Bachelor or Associate Degree in a related field is preferred.
Years Experience Required: The idea candidate must have a minimum of 5+ years hardwood sawmill production supervisor experience. Prefer northern experience.
Manage the business and day to day operations of the Pensylvania hardwood sawmill operations at the sawmill while promoting safety, quality, productivity, recovery, employee development, manufacturing cost and value goals. Do not apply if no hardwood sawmill production supervision experience. Responsible for sawmill, dry kilns, grading lines, warehouse, shipping department, log yard, and buildings, excluding office and maintenance shop.
Apply: If you are interested in this job and have the required skills, please submit your resume in MS Word
- Lead the Sawmill with a business mindset to continually improve safety, quality, production, lumber and grade recovery, and costs.
- Maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Optimum human capital and raw material utilization.
- Communicate with and resolve team member concerns and issues.
- Assign and coordinate appropriate tasks to team members.
- Implement policy of the leadership team.
- Take initiative to research and implement improved operational methods.
- Ensure a safe working environment for employees including employee training in safe equipment operation and motivate all employees to lead the sawmill to superior safety performance; inspect equipment to ensure safety devices are in place and in working order; lead safety behavior by example.
- Team leader strong in encouragement and motivation; cooperate with other departments and department personnel. Effectively motivate, guide, train and coach team members.
- Promote team communication and involvement within sawmill and between other departments.
- Manage and direct flow of logs and lumber through the sawmill.
- Track and publish critical performance indicators.
- Fully accept responsibility for department.
- Proven success at prior hardwood sawmill supervisory experience.
- 3 years’ experience in hardwood sawmill operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Team oriented leader, engage others in decision making process.
- Strong technical knowledge of hardwood sawmill technology, equipment and machinery.
- Strong grading knowledge of both hardwood dimension and industrial lumber products. Grading certification not required but NHLA certification preferred. Must be experienced and proficient in grading hardwood lumber.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and encourage advancement in sound business decisions and in risk taking.
- A business manager mindset, constantly challenging the status quo.
- Knowledge, experience and skills associated with appropriate computer applications.
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize workflow.
- Ability to manage several assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- High achiever who demands quality work, is efficient and constantly striving to improve processes and people. High analytical ability.
- Those candidates from large sawmill companies need not apply.
- Must be willing to get their hands dirty.
- Must have strong maintenance and production experience.
- Work schedule M-F 5:30am-4pm (10 hr. work day) and 1 Saturday per month.
If you are interested in this job and have the required skills, please submit your resume in MS Word to info@TopWoodJobs.com
You will not hold Top Wood Jobs responsible for our contacting and relaying reference checks to our clients. Supply a cover letter in reference to the job(s) you are applying for. Only candidates that meet the job qualifications will be contacted, but we will hold on to your resume if submitted for future possible jobs.
We are committed to making employment decisions that are fair and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetics, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected under law. Top Wood Jobs refers candidates and it is up to the employer to make all employment decisions.
Job through www.TopWoodJobs.com